Oh hi. When I fell off the blogging bandwagon, I’d try to start back up, and then I’d get overwhelmed, or the baby would wake up, and I’d just…put it off for the next day. My backlog is SO crazy, but I think I should start small, and maybe it’ll be easier with a few behind the scenes photos? Plus, I gotta get to it, because I gave myself a 2018 post goal, and I love love LOVE crossing goals off my list.
So, here’s a recap of October, November, and December. It’s a long one – and I can’t believe how tiny my girl looks in some of these photos!
1. Like I mentioned in the September recap, we started off the month of October in the Methow Valley, hiking up at Blue lake. It was cold and beautiful and already fall while the leaves still hadn’t started to change back in Spokane.
2. We spent a lot of time at the park in October, getting as much fresh air as possible before it was too cold and dark after H got home from work.
3. I did a lot of wrap trading in the fall! It’s so fun to see all the different wraps I used. 🙂 I can barely remember these beautiful days when I went outside without a sweater.
4. N loves her Clek car seat (she is not so much a fan of the lightweight travel seat we use when we fly) but she really loves when we take selfies while we’re waiting for dad to gas up the car.
5. We took N to her first Sounders game in October and it was so much fun! Some of H’s extended family was in the US, so they got to go to their first MLS game as well. And the Sounders won! It’s always more fun when they win. 🙂
6. A long weekend of travel means that someone crashes HARD for naps when she comes home. Usually I can’t sneak in and photograph her (the door squeaks – old house problems!), but I got in for this snap that I love so much.
7. Little miss found my stash of Halloween candy and was pulling all the milky way bars out of the bag. She was a little bummed when I wouldn’t let her open any of the noisy plastic!
8. We were pretty regularly getting out for our weekly hikes at Manito back in October (we fell off the wagon in November when we got sick). I’m looking forward to getting out again soon!
9. My grandma passed away in October and it hit me harder than I expected. Processing her loss took more time and space than I had thought I’d need, and contributed to my radio silence on the blog and social media. Long walks with my girl helped a lot.
10. So bored by mealtime, he didn’t even notice the chunk of rice that landed on his ear!
11. My husband tells me I set the bar too high, but this costume was a dream to make (hat from an Etsy shop that is now closed) and we got so many compliments. I loved my little Hedwig the Snow Owl! Yes, I am a nameless wizard. I should have put a scar on my forehead. Fail. 🙁
12. Checking out her Halloween loot. Of which she got to eat approximately…none. Maybe next year, kiddo!
1. This girl loves to “help” me while we work on house projects, like measuring for a new dining table.
2. What do you do when your laundry basket is empty? You pretend it’s a boat and row it around the living room!
3. Unless we host Thanskgiving, we’ve been given the duty of making pies. This was my pecan pie, which is H’s favorite. True story: I can’t stand nuts or corn syrup based pies! I’ve never even had a slice of pecan pie, but I make it every year and everyone who has it swears its one of the best they’ve had.
4. Apple pie. Now this is my go to. I use the Streusel topping from Classic German Baking and it turns out fabulously every year.
5. More wrap snuggles. N hasn’t been as into wrapping the last few weeks, and now I’m really missing it. She’s too busy exploring right now.
6. We saw a rainbow on Thanksgiving morning, which almost made up for the fact that I felt like death warmed over.
7. I was taken out by a nasty bug the week of Thanksgiving. I’m still not sure if it was the flu or a cold, but I threw together this leftovers busting turkey noodle soup and it made me feel a little better.
8. I was sick and she was teething, so we did lots of snuggling that week.
1. I finally got all the things together to make this more modern Advent wreath for our table. I’ve been dreaming of it for a few years, and I really liked how simple it was!
2. N was thrilled and confused to find chocolate and an orange in her boots on St. Nikolas Day! I had so much fun watching her reaction.
3. Little miss helping me bake cookies. We usually back carry while I bake, but she wanted to sit next to me for a bit. I’m planning to make her a learning tower this month, so she can help me in the kitchen.
4. I was able to borrow this beautiful handwoven wrap from River City Weaving for a week and it was a dream. My Instagram Husband is better as a non-IG husband, alas.
5. Visiting Christmas Tree Elegance at the Davenport! We didn’t win anything, but we had fun looking at all the trees and supporting a good cause.
6. Another carry with this dreamy wrap.
7. Since N is a December baby, we don’t get a tree until after her birthday. So, the day after her birthday, we went up to Greenbluff Christmas Tree Farm and found a beauty. N was a little unimpressed and almost fell asleep sitting in my seat while Dad strapped the tree on the roof.
8. I am a (Christmas) minimalist, and I love keeping our decor simple. Lots of lights and greenery and simple decorations. The added benefit is that the decorations take up less space, although we had to get another bin this year because we got a bunch more decor. Oops.
9. Like mama, like daughter. This one loves her water bottle, so we got her own for her birthday.
10. Pretty impressed by my bunte teller (colorful plate) skills this year, although some of the credit goes to my Aunt, who sent me a tin of cookies for Christmas. Yes, that makes her my favorite.
11. Post sledding and snow hiking, she was playing with her mittens!
12. It became an unofficial thing that I would take photos of H with a beer and N, starting in February. This was at South Perry Pizza on New Year’s Eve.
Boom! Three months of random stuff. My kid got huge, my house got decorated for the holidays and is now undecorated. We got sick. We got healthy. Then we got sick again. Ugh.