Hey all! It’s October, it’s raining today, and I’m working on a million things, but I needed to get this post up today. We’re back to a lot fewer photos…not that September wasn’t a crazy, beautiful month, but little miss has gotten quite adept with messing with my phone, so I’m doing my best to not have it out too much when she’s around. And, while I’d love to share a bunch of cool shots from when I shoot weddings, I never remember to grab my phone and snag a few! I’m really bad that that.
1. We went over to Seattle for labor day weekend. The weekend started off pretty rocky, with us getting a flat a few miles out, and ended up starting our weekend with four new tires and a sad bank account. We also had to replace our windshield last month, and I think we’re now due for an oil change. BUT at one point, little miss was nursing and I tried to get a photo. She gave me her shoe instead. Thanks, baby girl.
2. It’s hard to capture this little lady’s hair. I think in most light, it looks kinda dark blond, but then the sun hits it and you can see the red in it. It’s also starting to grow in, and get longer. [See also: those eyelashes.]
3. She started sitting up in her crib after naps (and now she stands), which is kind of impressive, since she still sleeps in a sleep sack. I found her like this after a nap. She was giggling and touching the wall.
4. For the dozens of you who’ve asked if our dog does okay with little miss, I give you this photo. He will lay there and let her pull on his collar, his ears, his fur. She’s poked him in the eye with her fingers (sorry, Shadow!) and he very calmly takes it all. He is the greatest friend a babe could ask for and these two are best of friends. She squeals with joy when she sees his face in the morning, and he would do anything to make her happy.
5 & 6. It’s no secret that I love the Historic Davenport Hotel. It’s one of my favorite wedding venues. But it wasn’t until last month that I got to stay there overnight! My mom came up for “grandma camp” and stayed at our place with little miss while we got away for dinner and a night off. It was strange and wonderful. The best part was probably ordering room service for breakfast and eating it in bed. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a lazy morning, that’s for sure!
7. We loaned out one of our ring slings for a few weeks, and after getting it back, we had to get some extra snuggles in it. This is a single linen sling from Wildbird Slings, for anyone who is interested. As soon as we got it back, this lady demanded snuggles.
8. I had a networking event while H was out of town last month, so little miss joined me. It made networking a little more difficult, but I was impressed with her ability to hang out way past her bedtime.
9. I traded with a friend for a few weeks and we got to love on this beautiful wrap. It’s a size we haven’t been using a lot lately, so I challenged myself to learn a couple new carries, including this gorgeous double hammock with a candy cane chest belt. As fun as it was, we still love our shorty wrap the most.
10. Little miss helping in the kitchen.
11. We took advantage of a beautiful Sunday afternoon to get out to Bowl and Pitcher for a short hike. We got a new hiking backpack that little miss hangs out, so dad carries her. It’s great, because I usually have Shadow, and he helps me hike faster so I can keep up with H.
12. Technically, this was on October 1st, but…I don’t care. We were up in the Methow Valley for Heather & Craig’s wedding, and we hiked up to Blue Lake. The weather was quite different from the week before, when it was perfectly sunny and almost summerlike still. We had snow and were bundled up in our down jackets!
And just like that, it’s October! This month has been quite busy too. I mean, how is it already the middle of the month?! What did you do in September? Did you squeeze in something fun on those last few days of summer?