For 2016, I’m hoping to do monthly recaps. To see the year in smaller chunks, and to remember what happened. I feel like my life is speeding by, faster and faster, and I’m trying to slow down. I want to remember the highlights of each month as they happen, and since I’ve given up on having the chance to journal regularly like I did as a teen, I’ve resorted to this.
- My body decided to ring in the new year with a cold. Oh joy. I consumed so much lemon ginger tea, that I felt like my blood was made of the stuff.
- Thankfully, I got over the cold enough to do the Spokane Bridal Festival, but it wasn’t my best showing. I spent a few days afterwards recovering, and I was pretty bummed with how the show went. I wasn’t feeling 100%, and that meant that I didn’t do as well as I wanted at the show. That disappointment took a little time to get over, but I’m getting there.
- I spent some of my down time in January cleaning out our home. This was my second year doing the January Cure from Apartment Therapy, and I think it helps put me in a better mindset for our home.
- I photographed Malain & Lucas’s gorgeous snow-filled engagement session up at Mt. Spokane! After a few weeks of time off from sessions for the show, and being sick, it felt so good to get out again.
- Shadow came down with pink eye, which I didn’t realize puppies could get. It slowed him down for a few days, but he bounced back with even more energy than before.
- We started the first project of many, giving the bathroom a quick makeover. This was one of the rooms that was a quick project, and we finished it in a couple weekends of work. I can’t wait to share some photos with you guys next week, because earlier this month we celebrated two years in our home. I can’t believe we’ve been here that long!
- I picked up this new harness for Shadow, and we’ve been working on leash training. Buddy is terrible on the leash, pulling my arms like crazy, and so we’re working on it. It’s the Freedom Harness, in case anyone else has a problem with their pup pulling.
- Lola has been coming downstairs more often – on her own, and when I make her – and she’s getting more bold with Shadow. She still has no interest in him, but while he was out the other day, I took some boxes to the car and left the back door open, and she escaped. TWICE. Sister has decided the puppy is here to stay, and she’s reclaiming her home.
- We got a new rug! While I’m sad to cover up our gorgeous wood floors, the rug really makes our living room feel more cozy. Oh, and I got new slippers because Shadow destroyed my old ones. I’m trying not to be too bummed about that, but I did love those slippers.
And that was January! We took Shadow to puppy classes, life is started to balance out with two pets, and we enjoyed the snow…and then enjoyed that it’s gone for a bit.