Thanks for visiting! This post is *PINNED* to the top. For more recent posts, please scroll down. All entries must be received by March 6, 2015 at 11:59PM PST.
If you’re getting married in 2015, you’ll want to read this! Because I’m giving away free wedding photography to one lucky 2015 couple, starting today. So, if you’re getting married here in Spokane. Or in Seattle. Or California, London, New Mexico, and anywhere in between. Or really anywhere I can get to. And it’s really simple to enter. All you have to do is email me a few things. See that below. Also see a bunch of legal stuff down at the bottom so we both can keep out of trouble. :)
Because tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, and I want to hear your love stories. Love is one of the strongest emotions. And I think that the world needs more love stories. More stories of beauty and joy and pure happiness. I turn on the news, or head to social media, and I feel like all I see anymore is negativity. Working in weddings, I’m surrounded by people who are celebrating some of the greatest moments of their lives. So when I see terrible things on the news, it hurts. Last year, I held a Pay it Forward contest, asking couples to tell me how they’re making an impact on their communities. This year, I want you to tell me your love stories.
The Awesome Wedding Photography Giveaway:
I’m looking for a couple who feel like I’m a great photographer for them. A couple that wants my style of photography and style of shooting. You should be passionate about each other, your wedding, and love my work.
The winning couple will receive 7 hours of wedding day photography with Emily Wenzel (that’s me!), a disc or USB of the edited images in a mix of color and black & white (low resolution, printable up to a 5×7), a personal print release, and an online gallery to share with family and friends for one year. The package is worth over $2,500! The winning couple will have the choice to upgrade the package by adding hours, high resolution images, a second shooter, and so much more! Couples can be located anywhere in the world and their wedding can be anywhere too! However, any wedding outside Spokane will have travel fees for airfare/car and hotel. Couples entering must be willing to have their love story and wedding photos posted on my website and social media.
UPDATE!!! The wonderful people at The Wedding Hanger Shop contacted me, and they’re adding a personalized hanger for the couple that wins!
If you’re not getting married in 2015, I’m sorry, this giveaway is not for you. Never fear, there will be other goodies coming your way in a couple months! I’d love for you to spread the word to your friends and family who are getting married this year. Email, Facebook, Twitter, or smoke signals. The more people that know about, the more stories I get to read. And I will read every single one of them. And perhaps you’d like to give my Facebook page a like? That way you’ll get to hear snippets of the love stories, see who wins, and hear about other great offers.
How to Apply and Win!
It’s easy. I’ll be accepting entries by email starting today (February 13, 2015) and ending at 11:59pm PST on March 6, 2015. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with with subject line “Wedding Entry Giveaway”. I want you to tell me your love story in under 500 words. Any and all couples can apply, as long as they’re human and engaged with a wedding date in 2015. Things you can tell me:
– How did you meet?
— When did you fall in love?
— What makes your love unique and special?
— Why do you want to win?
Be sure to also include the following:
– A (non-professional) photo of the two of you — it will be used for the winning announcement.
— Your names!
— Your wedding date, location (city/state), & venue(s). You must have all three already set in order to be eligible!
— Your contact information.
— Sum up your wedding in one sentence. What do you want your wedding to be like?
— Please like my Facebook page and share this post. Make sure to tag Emily Wenzel Photography so I know you shared it! If you don’t have Facebook, let me know in the email.
>>>You must submit your story, a photo, and like my Facebook page to be entered!<<<
The winner will be announced the week of March 9-13, 2015. If there are a large number of entries, I may contact a few “finalists” to chat more with them, find out more wedding details, and see if I’m a good fit for them.
Important Legal Notes:
1. You must be 18 or older to enter.
2. You must be getting married between March 15-December 31, 2015, and have set your wedding date and venue. Only entries that are for dates that I’m still available will be considered. Your date may be booked during the contest, thus making your entry unacceptable. If that happens, you will be notified.
3. You must be willing and able to appear on the blog and have (a little of) your story told here.
4. Late and/or incomplete entries will not be accepted. Emily Wenzel Photography is not responsible for any malfunction or failure to perform of any email service or device.
5. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
6. All decisions are made by Emily Wenzel Photography and are final.
7. The grand prize winner will be notified by email and announced on the blog during the week of March 9-13, 2015.
8. Depending on the number of entries, finalists may be contacted and interviewed to determine a grand prize winner.
9.The winner will need to confirm the grand prize within one week of announcement, otherwise it goes to the runner-up at my (Emily Wenzel Photography’s) discretion.
10. Everything is subject to change without notice.
11. No purchase necessary to enter.
12. You cannot be booked with another photographer — that’s just not okay — or with Emily Wenzel Photography. Only new inquiries!
13. Emily Wenzel Photography reserves the right to cancel the contest if there are no entries that either (a) meet the requirements for entry or (b) fit her criteria for winners.
14. Facebook is not responsible for the entry, and the grand prize is subject to change. Questions: email Emily at: email@example.com