Our anniversary is this weekend, and the last week of August marked the start of about six straight weeks of crazy around here. But August was surprisingly easy going, and full of snuggles and family time. It was great to get a little break from work, and to spend time with my favorite people!
1. I’ve been looking for a new hobby, so I tried cross stitch. It was pretty fun! I’ve got an embroidery kit waiting for me to start next, but they didn’t include any instructions! Anyone have advice on how to embroider?
2. Our wildbird sling is currently hanging out with a friend, but before it left, we got some extra snuggles in it. I can’t wait to get it back soon! It’s the perfect fall color.
3. Little miss started regularly going to her nanny in August, which has been a godsend for all of us. I was able to get in and out of the post office without tears and without too many delays. The first day I dropped her off, I felt SO SO weird!
4. Shadow had a little growth, and so when he got it removed, it was cone of shame for a few days. He wasn’t impressed with it. Luckily, the growth wasn’t cancerous or anything, and he’s still doing great.
5. Lola likes to lay down on Shadow’s toys or bones, and then just stare him down. She’s kind of a punk like that. Shadow used to get in big trouble when he’d bother her, so now he just lays there and gets right up in her face! He’ll slowly inch his way closer until she gets annoyed and leaves. He’s still hopeful that they’ll be BFFs, but Lola likes to keep him hanging.
6. Most afternoons, H comes home and we go for a family walk, but when the weather was too hot or too smokey, we try to have some family hang time. On this day though, I had to get a little work done. The view from my desk is pretty distracting though. I love watching these two play and read together!
7. We finally got to try out swinging! It was a huge success, and she usually giggles and kicks her legs the whole time she’s in the swing. Of course, she was distracted by a couple dogs when I took this photo. We’ve been trying to walk through the park on our evening walks and stop for a little swing session. Shadow plays in the splash pad, or stares longingly at the squirrels while N swings.
8. We didn’t do anything big for my birthday, but we grabbed dinner at South Perry Pizza and made sure to get a couple selfies afterwards on the back patio. Thirty has been pretty awesome so far, and I’m so lucky to have these two beautiful people in my life.
9. My mom’s birthday is a few days after mine, so we spent some time picking out the perfect recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks. We went with the marble cake, which was perfection.
10. Nanny time means I get a chance to get out to a coffeeshop sometimes and do work alone and in peace. It also means I work 1000x faster than I ever thought I could. I’m amazed at how much I can get done during a nap or the afternoons when little miss is at the nanny.
11. On the way back from visiting my parents at their place for my mom’s birthday, we stopped for a break at the rest area. Someone wanted some snuggles…
12. …but then decided she wanted down to practice walking through the grass. Slow down, kiddo! I’m not quite ready for you to walk yet! At least my wrap makes a good scarf too?
13. When you get a package in the mail, but the paper it’s packed it in more fun than the gift.
14. Once upon a time, the skies were blue, the weather was perfect, and we went walking around Manito. That hasn’t happened in a while, though. September has been kind of lame.
15. Post-wedding reflection selfie at the Davenport hotel. Every time I shoot a wedding there, I find a new little spot to shoot in!
16. These two drinking at the Lantern. On our way back from dinner there, we ran into my old German professor and a college friends’ mom having drinks at the brewery. South Perry, where it can take you 30 minutes to walk 3 blocks. We wouldn’t have it any other way, we love this neighborhood.
17. Practicing her standing skills at the window while waiting for Papa to come home from work.
18. Random neighborhood kitty who decided to take up residence on my front porch. She then moved to the back yard and harassed our dog through the fence. Don’t worry, she was reunited with her people shortly after – and Shadow was very confused by this bold kitty!