Hi. I’m Emily.
I am a sometimes traveler, always artist currently based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. My motto used to be Have Camera, Will Travel. But then I settled down. Got married. Did the nine-to-five. Quit the nine-to-five. Started a business. And now I’m just stumbling through life one photograph at a time. I shoot weddings, couples, singletons, families, kids & life as it happens. I am currently based in Seattle, but available for travel worldwide.
AS A PHOTOGRAPHER:
My goal as a wedding photographer is to tell the story of you. I first picked up a camera to tell my own story – the story of my life abroad in the Czech Republic – to save those memories. And now, I get to save your memories. My job is to capture your wedding day, to preserve it for all eternity. So someday, when you pull out those photos for your grandchildren, they can see how you loved each other. My style is a mixed bag. I do a lot of journalistic work, but I pack my sense of adventure and my bossy boots. I offer direction on posing during the portraits, but I never want you to do something that doesn’t feel comfortable. During the ceremony and the reception, I flutter around and capture the little moments, doing my best not to interrupt. I want you to live your wedding day, with me around just to preserve those memories.
For answers to common questions, check my FAQ section. For inquiries, print requests, and general awesomeness, contact me through the form above. Or send me an email. To see more of my work, please check out my portfolio.
10 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I grew up in Mattawa, WA. It’s a small, farming town on the Columbia River. As much as I love living in the city, there’s something about the country that calls to me.
- My mom has samples of my earliest art – which is poetry I wrote at age 5. I was a creative from an early age.
- I went to Gonzaga University in Spokane, which changed my life because it made me (a) a HUGE college basketball fan, and (b) I met my husband there.
- My husband I adopted a spoiled – yet adorable - cat, whose name is Lola. That’s her in the photo below.
- I’ve always wanted to learn to sail a boat. And then going sailing in the Greek Isles.
- When I lived in the Czech Republic, I learned to ballroom dance. I’ve even danced on the metro in Prague.
- I speak English, Czech, and German. If I wasn’t a photographer, I’d love to be a German teacher or work with study abroad.
- My favorite rainy day activity is curling up with a good book and a chai tea latte.
- I’m the middle of three children, but the only girl. So I’m a tomboy who loves shoes and bossing her brothers around.
- I still get excited every time I shoot a wedding. Every. Single. Time.
All photos © Emily Wenzel Photography, except bottom left (school photo of Emily, circa 1993) and bottom middle (Emily’s grandparents, 1949).