This post is pinned! For more recent posts, please scroll down. The giveaway ends October 25th, so I encourage you to enter soon! xoxo, Emily.
Next Friday is the first anniversary of me being self-employed. Whoa. This year has been an amazing roller coaster of ups and downs. And it’s been hard. In fact, right now I’m looking at my list of everything that needs to be done (editing, updating my portfolio, cleaning the bathroom, etc) and I’m sure I need to give up sleeping. Or start drinking coffee. But I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I’ve been so blessed with amazing clients who have put their faith in me and my little business, who have helped me build my dreams. Whose lives and love I’ve been allowed to capture. My job is one of the best in the world, hands down. I have laughed, I have cried, and I have succeeded. In fact, my little business has done pretty well for its first year. Hopefully growing into a not-so-little business next year (I’m sure H is very hopeful about this). So I’m paying it forward. I want to do something for someone else. So many of you have done so much for me.
If you’re getting married in 2014, this is for you. If you’re getting married here in Spokane. Or in Seattle. Or New York City. Or London. Or Berlin. Or really anywhere I can get to. I want to give you free wedding photography. And it’s really simple to enter. All you have to do is email me a few things. See that below. Also see a bunch of legal stuff so we both can keep out of trouble.
If you’re not getting married in 2014, I’m sorry, this giveaway is not for you. But. I’d love for you to spread the word. Email, Facebook, Twitter, snail mail or smoke signals. The more people that know about, the more stories I get to read. And I will read every single one of them. And perhaps you’d like to give my Facebook page a like? I might do another giveaway in the spring and then you’d be in the know. :)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
– No purchase necessary.
– The giveaway includes 8 hours of wedding day photography, one photographer, a high resolution disc of all your edited images (color and black & white), an online gallery to share with friends and family for 1 year (a $2100 value). Package upgrades will be available for purchase, if you choose.
– You must be getting married between January 1-December 31, 2014.
– You can nominate yourself & your fiance or a deserving couple (they must be engaged and have set a 2014 wedding date).
– I must be available to shoot on your wedding date. If I’m not available, I will let you know as soon as I receive your entry!
– The wedding can be anywhere in the world! But if you’re outside the Spokane area, you must pay all travel fees [airfare/car and hotel].
– You cannot be booked with another photographer — that’s just not okay — or with Emily Wenzel Photography. Only new inquiries! [If you're nominating someone else, please find out if they have a photographer already booked]
HOW TO ENTER:
Email all these goodies to me at: email@example.com, with the subject line: Wedding Giveaway Entry!
Don’t forget to include the following:
– A (non-professional) photo of the two of you — it will be used for the winning announcement
– Your names!
– Your wedding date, location, & venue(s). You must have all three already set in order to be eligible!
– The couple’s contact information.
– Whether it’s big or small, I want to know what you and your fiance do for others. I want to know how you spread joy. How you make your community better. How do you pay it forward?
– In one paragraph, tell me your story. What makes your love special? Why do you want this giveaway?
– Sum up your wedding in one sentence.
– Please like my Facebook page and share this post. Make sure to tag Emily Wenzel Photography so I know you shared it! If you don’t have Facebook, let me know in the email.
You need to submit both a photo and your pay it forward/love story to be eligible. I need both parts! All parts of all the entries are due by 11:59pm PST on October 25, 2013. The grand prize winner will be selected by Emily Wenzel Photography and announced by October 31, 2013.
Since this is my first giveaway, I have no idea how many people will enter. If there are a lot of entries, I may contact some finalists for more details before choosing a grand prize winner.
OTHER IMPORTANT (MOSTLY LEGAL) NOTES:
1. You must be 18 or older to enter.
2. You must be willing and able to appear on the blog and have (a little of) your story told here.
3. By entering the contest, you promise that everything you submit is true.
4. Late and/or incomplete entries will not be accepted. Emily Wenzel Photography is not responsible for any malfunction or failure to perform of any email service or device.
5. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
6. All decisions are made by Emily Wenzel Photography and are final.
7. The grand prize winner will be notified by email and announced on the blog on October 31, 2013.
8. Depending on the number of entries, finalists may be contacted and interviewed to determine a grand prize winner.
9.The winner will need to confirm the grand prize within one week of announcement, otherwise it goes to the runner-up at my (Emily Wenzel Photography’s) discretion.
10. Everything is subject to change without notice.